Mexican Layered Dip
Note: This is very moreish, quick and simple. Great for parties. Your friends will be coming back for more!
Memory: Jarrod and I first tasted this dip 17 years ago when we were staying with Barb in Orlando, Florida.
1 can Old El Paso re-fried beans
1 packet Old El Paso taco seasoning mix
2 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
1 cup of guacamole(see recipe below)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup sliced spring onion
500g Bag of Mission Deli Style Tortilla rounds or corn chips
1. Layer 1:Mix re-fried beans and taco seasoning mix in a bowl. Spread this mixture out evenly on a shallow platter or dish.
2. Layer 2: Sprinkle the chopped seeded tomato over the bean mixture.
3. Layer 3 : Spread guacamole over tomato layer.
4. Layer 4: Spread sour cream over guacamole.
5. Layer 5: Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over sour cream layer.
6. Layer 6: Finish with the sliced spring onion or chopped olives.
7. Chill until ready to serve.
(2 mashed avocados, finely chopped red onion, salt and pepper to taste, chopped coriander, juice of a lime, clove of crushed garlic and a dash of tobasco sauce. Mix toether.)